Thursday, January 21, 2016

Simplify Your Body

The human body is a complex organism. We have 206 bones. It takes 17 muscles to smile compared to the 43 to frown. We have about 100 billion neurons in our brains. The largest organ in the human body is the skin. The human body is complicated and complex.

Becoming healthier shouldn't be.

Three weeks ago, we rang in a new year along with resolutions to accomplish. Common resolutions tend to be focused on becoming healthier, happier, or wealthier. New year resolutions trends show about 8% of individuals achieve their resolutions and 64% maintain their resolution for six months. Maybe it is time for me to join to the ranks.

My resolutions: Exercise 2-4x a week, Snack Healthier, and Be Happy.

My first week was great; I exercised three times, ate little to no sweets, and smile/laughed often. Then I went back to college and life got crazy. I discovered if I truly wanted to be healthier I needed pace myself and start simple.

Here's some tips to simplifying your exercising and eating habits:


Simple Exercise Habits

Recommit to yourself and to a better lifestyle with Katie McLaughlin's five tips:

  1. Start Easy
  2. Partner Up
  3. Dress the Part
  4. Try Something New
  5. Reward Yourself for Showing Up

Create and follow a plan with Kimberly Grabinski 's monthly exercise plan for each skill type. Exercises include:

  • Jumping Jack
  • Crunches
  • Push Ups
  • Plank
  • Squats
  • Calf Raises
  • Walking

For more ideas check out my Pinterest Board


Simple Food Habits


Find healthy alternatives than the cookies and chips with SkinnyMs.' clean eating snacks. Snacks include:
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Dried Fruit
  • Peanut Butter
  • *Homemade* Kale Chips
  • Hummus
  • *Homemade* Sweet Potatoes Fries

Re-hydrate and reap the many benefits with water:

  1. Stronger Hair & Nails
  2. Healthy Scalp
  3. Weight Loss
  4. Smooth Skin &* Clearer Acne
  5. Bright, Clear Eyes. 
For more ideas, check out my Pinterest Board.



What are your resolutions? How are you accomplishing them? 

Comment below!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment